You might have changed so many jobs in your career. How to view all your previous EPF details in one umbrella? It is hart to track EPF accounts. To avoid such things, EPFO recently launched drive called “One Employee One EPF Account” drive. You can now easily merge multiple EPF accounts Online by following some simple steps. In this article, we guide you to merge multiple EPF accounts with UAN.
Features of New facility to merge multiple PF accounts
EPFO has come with new facility to merge your multiple PF accounts with your current UAN. This new facility allows you to merge as many as 10 previous accounts with UAN at one go. You have to provide your current activated UAN along with current member ID and Mobile number registered at UAN portal. EPFO subscriber are currently need to file separate transfer claims online using UAN on EPFO’s portal.
What is ‘One Employee One EPF Account’ drive?
‘One Employee One EPF Account’ is facility to transfer your EPF account balance easily. It helps to bring PF balance from different accounts to one account. You don’t need to apply individually for all accounts. This facility has been provided to members to combine their earlier PF accounts to current PF account. EPFO help them to connect all these PF accounts in current UAN activated PF account.
What do you need to link many EPF Accounts?
In order to link Multiple EPF account, first thing you want UAN number and make sure that your EPF account is linked to UAN where money has to be transferred. Additionally, your KYC details need to be verified by your current employer. Suck as bank account number, IFSC code, Aadhaar number, PAN card number. Also read How to link Aadhaar to EPF using online and offline?
Also, EPF will provide an alphanumeric PF account number linked to UAN. These two entries will show Regional PG office where your company is contributing money. You need to activate UAN, otherwise, it will take three days to activate to access service. Next entry will contain employer’s code and their account number. Also read How to link Aadhaar card with EPF and UAN Account
Ways to combine Multiple EPF UAN Accounts
While doing so, you need to state both your previous and current UAN. Once EPFO verifies both accounts, it will block previous UAN and keep current one active. Once old UAN is blocked, you have to raise claim to EPFO to transfer funds from previous account to active UAN. See How to link Aadhaar to EPF Online without login?
Steps-By-Step Guide to merge Multiple EPF UAN Accounts
- First, Log on to EPFO official website https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Go to main menu, you will see left side of page named ‘Our Services’ and click on to tab to access for services.
- After you click on tab it will go to new page with services listed under Employee category
- Click on ‘One Employee-one EPF Account listed under Services section.
- You have to fill up the details to make your PF accounts consolidate to each other.
- When you filled the form with correct details now you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number linked with UAN. Check PF account transfer automatic when you change jobs
- Final step is you need to provide old EPF ID, accept declaration and submit request.
- Your PF account will soon get linked to your UAN
Keep this in mind before filling up details
- EPF number that you provide must be activate EPF number
- EPF number must be linked with UAN
- Mobile number must be linked to UAN